Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Ellu Urundai | Sesame seeds Urundai


Ellu urundai is my most favorite in my childhood. When ever my dad asked , what you want when i come back  I will always say ellu urundai. I never get bored eating this sweeties.I thought it is very difficult to make . When i searched recipe for making this sweeties i really shocked!! because it can be made just with 3 ingredients. Its simple and addictive.







Ingredients

Ellu / Sesame Seeds                3/4 cup

Grated jaggery                         1/2 cup

Cardamom powder                   1 tsp

Ghee                                         2-3 tsp

Method

In a pan dry roast the sesame seeds until nice aroma comes and allow it ti cool.

In a blender , grind it as coarse powder and then add jaggery. Blend it for one or two times.

Add cardamom powder and combine well. Add melted ghee and roll them into balls.

Note

I used white sesame seeds, you can replace with the black one too.

Used palm jaggery , so needed less. If you need more sweet you can increase the jaggery amount.

Linking this recipe to Friendship  5 series started by Geetha and Savitha


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...